Hi friends – I’m starting a new series this year called “Things I Love.” This is essentially going to replace Trifecta Tuesday. Toward the end of every month I will post a gathering of images that can include anything from recipes, clothing or products to trends, travels or adventures. Anything that is inspiring to me, that I think is worth sharing with you! So, here we go!
1. Navy Cabinetry – I’m obsessed with this trend. Every time I see a navy kitchen I absolutely love it. The one shown above, in particular, is stunning. I think the shade of blue is extremely important to achieve the right vibe. This one is a dull finish and has a gray undertone which makes for a very sleek look. I also like that they used very simple pulls for the cabinetry in a matte silver. Now, I realize that a whole new kitchen may not be in everyone’s budget (mine either!), but if you like this trend, you can incorporate it in some easy ways around your home as well. Think of swapping out a credenza or dresser for a navy one, or simply adding a navy side table to your space. Navy is somewhat of a neutral, believe it or not, so don’t be shy on where it can fit in. Source
2. Abstract Artwork – specifically Christie Adelle – if you’re not familiar with her abstract works, she has quickly become one of my favorite arts. When I do my office reveal in the next couple of months, you’ll see that I have multiple prints of hers in my space and (fingers crossed) one day will have a large canvas from her collection. I think my love of her work comes from the brush stroke, the movement and the colors that she chooses. Whatever it is, it speaks to me and I can’t get enough of it. I’ve shared here before in one of my Trifecta Tuesday posts, but if you didn’t catch it there, make sure you check out her Instagram for some inspiration. Source
3. Gorgeous Food Photography – I’ve recently gotten into this more and more and have wanted to emulate it with some of my own pics. This dessert pic from Broma Bakery is an image that really inspires me. The colors, the lighting, the set up are perfect and the lady behind it all (Sarah) is so funny and so down to earth. If you go to her website, not only does she have delicious recipes, but she gives tips on how she sets her photos up, where she buys props, etc. She even does a photography class that goes over everything from setup to marketing. Her images inspire me to keep pushing my limits and that is something that I love and want to share with others. I know, not everyone is like me, but if this pic inspires one other person, then my job here is done. Source
4. Tennis Shoes – In a spectrum of colors – If you haven’t noticed by now, my love for navy runs strong. But this love of the month is for all tennis shoes that came out this year and last and the amazing range of colors that they came in. I bought a pair (that literally sold out in hours) that were a light pink knit and I can’t get enough of them. I love that tennis shoes aren’t just black, gray or white anymore and that you can get pretty much whatever color you want. I came across the navy ones above and am currently coveting those, but honestly, I have no use for them except wearing them as athleisure – which let’s be honest is a weekend activity I part take in more often than not, ha! Hmm..maybe I just convinced myself. See how that works?! But seriously, have some fun with your kicks. Buy your favorite colors and just do you. It’s a great expression of your personality. Source
5. Greece – If you’ve been following me on my Instastories you know that we have a trip to Greece planned in the fall of this year: I could not be more excited!! I’ve purchased a whole coursebook and series to teach me the Greek language (I took 2 years in college that clearly did not stick) and I started to obsessively research what I want to do (because, well…I’m a planner!). Now, let me preface this, with my dad’s side of the family is from Greece, so I’ve been luck to have explored the country a handful of times. It’s stunning, full of history and such a great experience for anyone to enjoy. This time is a little different because we’ll be going with my dad for a week and he’ll be our tour guide (previously I did a study abroad). The more I think about the trip, the more excited I get. Greece just gives me all the feels and I’m looking forward to sharing my journey with you guys so you can have the same tingly feeling about the place. Stay tuned. Source