Camping Birthday Party | 11.06.15
Now that the weather is cooler, the leaves are changing and the pool parties are a thing of the past, you can focus on that fall birthday that needs attention…and a theme. Get creative this year. Superhero parties are so yesterday, try this camping theme by The Dotted Line Party instead. It’ll get everyone outdoors (which is your first great accomplishment) and you can enjoy smores stations, campfires, trail mix and hot cocoa. There are so many fun ideas you can do with this party, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few ideas off the top of my head:
– Have blankets set up around the party in baskets so guests can keep warm and cozy by the fire
– Keep the kids busy with a scavenger hunt. It could have a kit for each child that includes a canteen, a camp “badge,” a compass and a notepad to write down their scavenger adventure
– Set up tents around the yard with pillows and fun snacks
– Do a log roll cake as their birthday cake, instead of a typical round/sheet cake
– Use tree slabs to display some of your food (shown in the cupcake image above). You can purchase these at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and they can be used again later (like for that Thanksgiving/Winter
tablescape I blogged about earlier in the week). They’re a good purchase.
Ready to have that party now? You should be. Here’s how to make it happen – visit The Dotted Line Party and purchase the printable camping party package. If you haven’t tried one of these printable party packages, they are a delight. All you do is purchase the file, print, cut and assemble. It’s like an instant pinterest party, without the fail. Go. Buy. Now.